PRESS WINES TERMS & CONDITIONS
When placing an order with Press Wines, you confirm that all of the personal details you have provided are true and correct.
You must be 18 years or over to purchase from Press Wines.
Any order amendments must occur prior to dispatch. Additional fees may apply if an order requires amendment after an order has been prepared and/ or dispatched.
We accept the following forms of payment:
The fees involved in the processing of transactions is included as part of the $8 flat fee shipping.
Orders will be delivered within 7 to 10 business days. During periods of excessive heat or other weather extremes, we will hold your wines in our temperature controlled warehouse and ship them to you at a suitable time. We will always notify you when we are dealing with weather extremes and foresee delays.
During checkout, you may provide an authority to leave your order if your delivery address is unattended. Please note: requests outside the approved options will not be followed for security reasons. I.e. Wine cannot be left outside the boundary line of a property.
Any delivery instructions which you provide during checkout are a guide for the Contracted Courier Company to follow, however it is not a guarantee that these instructions will be followed. It is at the driver’s discretion as to whether they deem your delivery instructions safe to comply with.
All deliveries that are returned to sender due to incorrect addresses or delivery details provided by the purchaser will be charged a minimum of $8.00 per case for collection and redelivery.
Delivery if you’re not present
If you are not in attendance when delivery is attempted and you have not provided an authority to leave, a card will be left at your property to advise you of the collection point. Any consignments that are not collected within 5 business days are at risk of being returned to sender.
Press Wines and the contracted courier company will not be held responsible for any missing goods when authority has been provided for your goods to be delivered without a signature.
Person in attendance at the delivery address
If the person in attendance at the delivery address is considered by the delivery driver to be under 25 years of age, proof of age will be requested. If suitable proof of age cannot be produced, the person will be advised that the parcel will be returned to a collection point and can be collected on the production of proof of age identification. A delivery notification card will be provided.
If a person at the address is unable to produce proof of age identification, but the order was submitted with delivery instructions including an authority to leave, the authority to leave can not be followed and the parcel will be delivered to the collection point. A delivery notification card will be provided.
Returns and Refunds
Press Wines is confident of the wines it selects for our loyal members and stands by the quality and integrity of the wines offered. However, we understand that wine is a subjective product and that not every person can love every wine. Therefore we have no hesitation in providing you with a 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with your order.
We also understand that wine is a natural product and is sometimes faulty.
If you are not satisfied with your order, you can return it to us, with an explanation as to why you returned the wine. We will refund the amount of your order (pro rata if only some items in your order are returned), minus the original delivery fee.
To qualify for the 100% satisfaction guarantee:
- You must advise us that you wish to return the products within 28 days of receiving your order. We will provide you with information about how to return your products. We will pay the return delivery cost. Should the contracted courier assigned to picked up the return be unsuccessful in contacting you after two attempts, the collection request will be cancelled. Should you wish to re-lodge another collection attempt, a return fee will be incurred.
- For orders consisting of 6 or 12 bottles, up to two bottles may be sampled. Press Wines will refund you for the entire value of the product provided the remaining 10 bottles are returned in the same condition that they were dispatched. Press Wines also requests that you return the sampled bottles with at least half of their contents. As a measure of quality control, Press Wines will test and determine if any faults are present in the wine.
Refunds will appear in 2-3 business days (upon receipt of the returned product) to the same account from which the original payment was debited.
This satisfaction guarantee is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
'Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.'
We have an $8 flat rate per carton (6 or 12 bottles) for delivery, and ship the most of Australia. Press Wines does not deliver to areas that are classified by the Australian Government as dry zones or general restricted areas. Press Wines does not deliver to the Northern Territory or Rural Western Australia or Rural Northern Queensland.
Press Wines supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. You must be over 18 to place an order online or to receive a delivery.
You can request that your delivery is left on your doorstep if no-one is home. Our delivery drivers reserve the right to leave a card (instead of your order) even if you request an unattended delivery. They may do so if:
- There is no clear delivery instruction authorizing them to leave the parcel in a safe place
- Somebody is home but they cannot provide proof of age
- The driver is concerned that minors are present in the vicinity of your premises
The presswines.com website is provided as is without warranties of any kind. Our obligations with respect to the products and services advertised on this website are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided and nothing on this website should be construed to alter such agreements.
We do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials, information or services at this website.
The content of the pages of the service is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change. We may change any part of this website at any time without notice. This website’s contents may be out of date, and we make no commitment to keep the website updated.
Any information or material placed on the service by users, including ratings, reviews, advice and opinions, is the view and responsibility of those users and does not necessarily represent the view of Press Wines.
Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or our liabilities under those provisions:
- you acknowledge that our website, presswines.com, is provided as is and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to the suitability of the website, anything (including content and websites) to or from which the websites are linked or any product for any purpose;
- we exclude all other implied terms and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise, relating to the website, the subject matter of our agreement with you and all content to or from which the Sites are linked;
- we will not be liable to you for indirect and consequential loss arising from or connected to our agreement with you in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including, without limitation, for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realise expected profits or savings, loss or corruption of data and any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) unless such loss arises as a result of our own negligence or willful misconduct;
- risk of loss of or damage to products appropriated to your order passes on delivery of them including where delivery is to unattended locations (such as locations which are not attended by any person or which are attended by a person who is not acting on your behalf); and
- where we refund you the amount of your order as provided in your agreement with us (less any amount you have agreed we may deduct) you agree such refund is the total amount of our liability to you for all circumstances relating to the refund.
Our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of our agreement with you or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
Press wines will only send you marketing communications in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 7 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
As previously mentioned, you can easily unsubscribe from our marketing communications, the unsubscribe button is located at the bottom of every marketing communication. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
The promotions offered in our email communications have validity dates included in the detail of every communication. These dates outline when the advertised promotions will be valid for. Press Wines has the right to refuse a sale of a promotion after the validity dates expire.
Offers are not to be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or loyalty program discounts.